Saturday, November 10, 2007

Endings and Beginnings

This week was full of emotion, happiness, sadness and anger.

Today was the last week at the school I've been at for the last 6 years. I've made many, many friends here and have gone to care about the middle school kids. That did take a bit they do tend to have a certain attitude but I adjusted to it.

The last day the 8th grade team had cake and bagels for me. There was tears and laughter and it all too soon ended.
Then my cooperative teacher had a meeting, one in which she made one of my friends a scapegoat for things she couldn't cope with. Then to top that I was to have a exiting interview with my principal I set a time but that didn't work so he told me he would come up to get me and then we could do it. He blew me off. So I had the interview with the assistant principal. There is a power struggle between the 2. Our assistant principal is new and not the one the our principal preferred.

I had several issues that concerned me, including some books that I think my cooperative teacher has taken. Newly purchased books.

So I left the school feeling angry and happy that I was leaving.

I really feel that God was getting out of the middle of a situation that could really hurt me. I've been in that position and have gotten burned for it.

The next day, Friday was my first day at the grade school. It was an institute day so there were no kids. I think I'm really going to like my new job home. It's much smaller so I don't think it'll take long to get to know the building. I'll be working with a 3rd, 4th, and a kinder. 4th grade is in the mobiles. The staff is friendly and the principal is extremely supportive. I do wish that I could have taken a couple of my friends there but.....maybe in the future.

No comments: