Saturday, November 7, 2009

Checking In

I have realized that I haven't posted on my blogger for quite awhile.  Summer has been here and gone and now we are going thru fall and heading into winter.  I know that things will speed up quite a bit and before we know it we'll be celebrating New Year's. 
I have been advocating for people to pray for Sydney Ives.  She has had an incurable, inoperable brain tumor for the past year and half and she is living in her last hours.  She has had a very strong faith and has been a bright light in this very dark world.  I can't imagine the pain that her family is going thru as of this moment.  To lose a family member  is hard enough but a child....the pain would be incredible.  So please pray for this family and the wonderful little girl.   
My life has been easier although my breathing isn't what it should be.  I have a resilient infection that has taken several antibiotics to knock it out.  I'm on a several inhalers, including one that I take with a nebulizer.  My steriod has been upped back to 20 mg.  Which I know isn't bad but I would prefer not to be on any.  
I depend on God for my everything.  Since being diagnosed with an incurable cancer I have to depend on God because who else is there.  
I'm back at work but even that isn't without it's problems.  I started with full time but realized if I was going to get better I needed to go part time.  The only problem with that is I have to use a half day sick day to make up the rest of the day.  This is according to the Family and Medical Leave Act that I'm on.  I'm praying that I'll get better or a part time position comes open so I don't lose all my sick days.  But I love my job.  
I do wish at times I was closer that I worked in a library, that I breathed normally, the list goes on and on.  But I'm not where I used to be but I'm not where I want to be.  :-)  
I do post on another site regularly.... www.caringbridge.org/visit/dawnarie4
God's Peace,  Dawn




No comments: