Saturday, July 14, 2007

Memories

Ok I would be remiss not to blog on my birthday.
Today was a really nice day although most of my days are nice days. I spent a quiet day turning 47 and really don't feel that age. We went bowling saw Rick got presents watched Buddy fix the tire. We picked up a building screw somewhere came home and had pizza watched TV.
Last night Buddy and I were remembering cartoons and kids shows that involved puppets. Shows like Captain Kangaroo, BJ and Dirty Dragon and the Blob, Garfield Goose and when you mention Garfield Goose you have to say Frazier Thomas and Family Classics. Then you have Ray Raynor and Bozo's Circus. I remember I got to watch Bozo and then go take my nap. Bozo was on at noon then not in the morning when they had it for my kids.
Then we talked about the new Underdog movie coming out. Underdog was one of my favorite cartoons and that brought on a discussion about series cartoons with Bullwinkle and Rocky the Squirrel and so on.
"Oh where, Oh where has my Underdog gone? Oh where, oh where can he be?" Come Sweetpolly he's in a phone booth trying to change from Shoeshine Boy to Underdog.
Oh memories, you've got to love them!

No comments: