Friday, August 10, 2007

Vacation

Well we have been on vacation this week. Thought I would update my blog while I got the chance. Vacation for the past several years has been spent at my parents home. We bring our popup and camp beside their house. Mom and Daddy live in a wooded community in the country. It's really pretty. We go here because we can afford it and we like spending time with my parents. We see all kinds of wildlife including wild turkey, squirrel, chipmunks and of course deer. They have 3 fawns and their moms, aunts or babysitters with them, when they walk thru my parents lots. A couple of days ago I got a picture of 2 of the fawns. A first for me. I've been trying to get pictures of the deer for awhile, about 5 years or more. We always hate leaving and put it off for as long as we can.
I feel very lucky to have such a good relationship with both of my parents and my inlaws. Not many people can say that. I just feel we need to get along with each other regardless of differences of opinions. Life is too short. I gotten to see people this week, see animals and spend time with people we love.
We went camping when I was growing up. And I got to see many many things. The beautiful mountains in colorado, canada. the grand tetons Mt. Rainier probably Mt St. Helens before it blew its top the first time. Old Faithful and the plains. I haven't been on the east coast and calf. new mexico and nevada. Sometime I will. I've realized this week how much I've missed going camping. Must make that a priority for this fall. Love vacation.

No comments: