Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Dealing with storms

The last 2 posts I made have been things that have touched my life, made a difference in how I thought about living my life. I felt maybe typing them completely out I would help someone else. So that being said I hope I touch someone elses life by what I write next.
I have read, watched, and listened to many different things that have changed me, but all have helped in how I deal with storms in my life. I have realized I didn't really know how to deal with storms. That God was in control and he watches over me constantly. God can be nothing more than love. He just doesn't know how to be anything else.
A situation made a drastic change in my personality when I was a young girl. I was molested by a family friend, when I was 8 yrs old.
I was an outgoing girl who sang for anyone. That outgoing little girl became a shy, inward girl. Books were my best friend which helped that my mom was a librarian. Now I'm not saying I didn't have friends but I know my shyness didn't help me in getting new friends, better friends. The friends that I did have didn't made me feel very smart so anything that I thought I would like to do with my life, I didn't feel I was smart enough to do.
Now that I'm older and have had to deal with storms I know that I am smart. I have a job that I just love. Now, I'm trying to find that outgoing girl who loved to sing in front of people.
Which is why lately I'm facing a fear of getting up in front of people, by myself.
I've always was in chorus and choir. Getting in front of people in a group was ok but getting up in front of people by myself I stayed away from.
I'm hoping that in getting in front of others this way I will be able to sing again.
Like it says in the Bible: I can do all things thru Christ that strengthens me!

No comments: