Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hard week, hard time





Today I'm giving Bobbie his last bath. The one thing I know he hates. Sorry Bob but I want you soft and nice looking for Friday. Last times for a lot of things I don't want to think about. In about 3 days and he will be gone.
I knew this time was coming but really didn't think I was ready. But there really isn't a "good" time to put a family pet to sleep or even be ready for it. I used to pray for God to take Bobbie in his sleep so we wouldn't have to do that. But I guess this is something we need to do and I know God will be there for us. I know that I'm not the only one in this position. I know that I need to give Bobbie up and let God take care of him. I know we have taken good care of Bobbie. He's been a happy dog. He's our 3rd son. :-)
We've been taken loads of pictures and taken Bob to his favorite places, forest preserve, state park our parents homes. Bought him his favorite foods, he had ice cream yesterday. Today I have a doctors appointment and I'll be bringing him back a plain McDonalds hamburger or maybe a cheeseburger. When he's wanted a treat we've given it to him.
I just don't know what we'll do without him.

No comments: