Saturday, June 23, 2007

Kelly Sutton

As most of you know I'm a Nascar fan.
Until last year I only watched the cup races and a few Busch but, I started watching the Craftsman Truck races because one of the racers has MS. Better yet she, Kelly Sutton's main sponser is Copaxone. Copaxone is one of the medication that regulates MS and it is the drug that Kelly takes. This also happens to be the same medication that Rick takes.
So I was so excited to see someone who not only had MS, was a female, but also had a MS sponser. I was disappointed when Kelly was in an accident and that took her out of racing for the rest of the season last year and into this year. I even wrote to her concerned that she was alright and explained about Rick, and she wrote me back. So I'm a fan.
Last night I was channel surfing, not a whole lot to watch on Friday night. I haven't been watching the truck races because Kelly hasn't been racing. So I went back to the truck race, for some kind of noise to have on, it was half-way over and I idley watch the standings in the race and I saw Kelly's name!
I tried in vain to find her truck. When you don't run in the top 10 they don't focus a whole lot on the other trucks. One of the things that stinks....
I did find out this morning that Kelly has a 4 race deal and is racing the #51, and I've missed 2 out of the 4 races she was in!
So on Monday I'll be watching the re-play of the race. Hopefully I'll be able to see her!
I'm so happy she's back even for a short time this year.
Dawn

No comments: