Friday, December 19, 2008

Day after Surgery



My laser surgery went pretty well. I don't know if I would like to do it again but if it gets rid of a tumor I really don't have any choice.
We were able to take a shuttle back and forth from the hotel to Rush so that was nice.
Things seemed to go really fast.
I guess my main complaint after surgery is that my mouth was really dry and I couldn't really talk to tell them that I would like to have ice chips.
My chest hurt too but that probably was combination of me coughing and the laser surgery.
We were able to leave the same day so we missed driving in the snow and sleet. We left about 3 and got home about 4:40. I slept most of the way home that was after we got on Rt 88. Woke up outside Waterman. I also had a really bad headache when I got home so took some ibuporfen and slept for about an hour. Woke up without the headache.
I can say that I'm feel like I'm breathing better. At least I think I am. I'll have to see when I go up and down the stairs in a few days.
I did eat a popsicle last night and I'm sipping tea this morning.
The thing that hurts today is my throat and my chest and that really isn't that bad. My throat hurt worse yesterday. I've been taking ibuprofen so that helps. They gave me a prescription for pain pills but we didn't fill it. I don't think it's necessary.
Right now I'm kind of tired but that's ok.
There were some differences between Kish and Rush. When I had the bronchoscopy at Kish they numbed the back of the throat. They didn't at Rush. At least I don't think so. I was out before I got to the operating room. I was alone during recovery, they told me that would be for 45 minutes but it may have been longer. At Kish they let Buddy come back when I got back.
The one thing I remember was during recovery there was a little boy crying. I felt badly for him. They had all the beds facing the wall so you couldn't look at anyone. The little one was gone by the time I was able to sit up.
If I had to choose between the 2 I liked Kish better. I had a better experience. The people at both places were nice and compassionate but I just didn't like being separated from Buddy that long. But I probably shouldn't compare.
So that's how I am. Not really that bad. I've felt worse having bronchitus.

Have fun in the snow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8HgAVenbUU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIFOPWHjA6c
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28
~All Animals are God's angels, they give to us their unconditional love~.
~A dog has one aim in life...to bestow his heart. J.R. Ackerley~

No comments: