Monday, December 1, 2008

A Plan


We saw my oncologist today and we have a game plan. The doctor's feel that this did not originate in my salivary glands but in my trachea. It's still rare and still no cure. I'll be having chemotherapy treatments along with radiation treatments. Chemotherapy drug that he wants to try doesn't have the strong side effects like some of the others. We read some research online and he also knew that combining chemo and radiation therapy together is a good way to start. He doesn't just want to temporarily get rid of it, he wants to cure it. He also talked of proton or nutron therapy but I would need to go out of state for it and plus the money involved would be huge. So that right now that isn't really an option I want to try. I'm done with work until this is all over with. I'm becoming more and more out of breath. Just finishing making my bed yesterday I got a little bit winded, very frustrating. I'm scared to start this and anxious to get it started. It's the reality...I've been able to hide from it up till now. Now it's hitting me square in the face. I'll be depending on my faith in God more so now than ever. Depending on friends and family also. Some people have asked what they can do for me. I've just said pray, I know it seems so little but it does so much good and really prayer is the best thing for us. I will keep you all informed on what is going on.
~Sometimes God brings things to you because you have the strength thru him to deal with it. ~
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28
~All Animals are God's angels, they give to us their unconditional love~.
~A dog has one aim in life...to bestow his heart. J.R. Ackerley~

No comments: