Sunday, December 21, 2008

Why Me? Uggg!




The last couple of days I've been going thru the 'why me' stage. I have been wondering why I have been blessed to have cancer and especially a rare one. Why not one that has a cure, or one where they can operate have chemo and radiation and it's gone. But no I've got one that has no cure and comes back.
It's tough to 'Oh well' this.
I've been reading again the Mitford series by Jan Karon where the main character is an Episcopalian priest. I love this series. Something that Father Tim says in the book I'm reading is, 'Like it or lump it, nothing happened to a Child of God by accident, and scripture inarguably proved that out.' Father Timothy, These High, Green Hills by Jan Karon.
So this all wasn't an accident. God knew this would happen. I feel it was to deepen my faith in God and depend on him. Which both have happened. Also to affect the lives of the people around us.
Also, a friend of ours stopped by to see us. His wife has MS and now her right arm is the only thing she can move. She is home bound in her bed. So sad for one so intelligent and active to have this happen to.
So when I think of her, my pity parties don't last long.
And my positive attitude gets back into place. :-)
I know dwelling on the negative is going to get me no where. So I read God's promises and believe that this cancer will not come back and that it will go away and stay away. It will be for the Glory of God!
I thought I would explain some of the pictures that I have on here this time.
This first is of Bobbie getting blessed this year by Pastor Kirk. Just a month or so before we put him to sleep. The 2nd one is of the bridge, I really think this depicts everyone's life journey because we don't know what the future holds. That's why we need to depend on God. The 3rd is a gift that Pastor Michelle sent me very recently of a prayer shawl. Isn't it pretty.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

No comments: